Potatoes are the number one vegetable crop in the world, with over 100 varieties. Often considered a comfort food, potatoes' nutrients are commonly underestimated. They are an exceptionally healthful low calorie, high fiber food that offers significant protection against cardiovascular disease and cancer.Potatoes are harvested July through September in Indiana. When purchasing, potatoes should be firm, well shaped and relatively smooth. Potatoes are on the Top 12 Foods to Buy Organic list, a list defining foods in which pesticide residues are most commonly found.
1 potato, cut into wedges
1 tsp garlic, minced
1 tsp parsley, choppedOlive Oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Rinse your potatoes, and set them on a towel to dry.
3. Peel, crush & mince the garlic. Set aside in a small bowl.
4. Chop the parsley and put in bowl with garlic.
5. Cut the potatoes into wedges, lengthwise.
6. Toss potatoes with garlic, parsley & Olive Oil in a medium bowl.
7. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet, and put them in the preheated oven.
8. Bake for 35- 45 minutes, or until tender.