1 t Baking Soda
1 t Baking Powder
½ t Salt
3 ripe Bananas, mashed with a fork
¾ c Sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 c Butter, melted
¾ c Walnuts, roughly chopped
1/3 c Brown Sugar, packed
2 T All Purpose Flour
1/8 t Cinnamon
¼ c Walnuts, roughly chopped1 T Butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line your pan with muffin cups.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl beat together the bananas, sugar, egg and butter. Stir the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until just mixed.
- Fold in the walnuts to the batter. Spoon the batter into the muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles course cornmeal. Mix in walnuts. Sprinkle topping over the muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes.
-These muffins freeze well. Cool at room temperature, place in freezer bag and freeze. To thaw set out at room temperature overnight.